General Medicine (PA) - a science that studies human health and disease state to enhance their health, protection from disease and treatment. more
Disease in medicine
The disease is the main subject of medicine, both science and practice. The disease is defined as a condition of the body, expressed as a violation of his normal vital activity, life span and the ability to maintain normal homeostasis.
Common classification of diseases and medical areas of medical activity:
- Internal medicine (therapy) - the main method of treatment which are the use of drugs;
- Surgical disease (surgery) - which can only be cured by surgical way;
- Malignant diseases (oncology) - they are the cause of various types of defects in the body's cells;
- Inherited (genetic) disease - their cause is defective of gene;
- Gynecology - diseases of which are involved in pregnancy and childbirth;
- Skin diseases;
- Eye diseases (ophthalmology);
- Infectious diseases - are caused by exposure to various microorganisms on the human body;
- Sexually transmitted diseases;
- Mental illness (psychiatry) - expressed in an impaired ability to perceive reality objectively;
- Otolaryngology - diseases of the ear, nose and throat;
Modern medicine is divided into several areas that are engaged in treatment in their field: ophthalmology (eye disease); dermatology (skin diseases); gynecology and obstetrics; Laryngology and Otology (diseases of the ear, nose and throat); desmurgy (rules bandaging and wound healing); operative surgery; psychiatry; forensic Medicine and other.
To engaged in the treatment of various diseases, it is necessary to study a number of sciences. First of all, it is necessary to master anatomy, which studies the location of various organs and parts of the structure of tissues (histology), development of tissues and body (Embryology). Physiology will help sort out in healthy state of the body, while explore the disorder will help the general pathology. Disorders related to fungi, will help to understand bacteriology. Resist Poison helps the Toxicology. Pathological anatomy will give the doctor the material in order to correctly identify the disease and prescribe treatment.
Modern general medicine is divided into three main categories:
Theoretical medicine - aimed at studying the human body, its normal state, the pathological structure and functioning;
Practical - adopts a put into practice all the knowledge accumulated by science in the treatment of diseases and pathological conditions;
Evidence-based medicine - aimed at proving the effectiveness of various treatments, prophylactic or diagnostic measures.
The value of medicine has always been very high, and it does not lose its significance. Growth of success in the natural sciences will boost a value of medicine.