It is a fact that nutritious breakfast is the most important meal of the day which is why you should eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper! If you manage to serve a delicious and appealing breakfast, you find it much easier for yourself to control your food cravings through the day. At the same time, you also provide your body with an instant boost of nutrition for the day, when you need it the most.
This is why breakfast is the perfect opportunity for you to provide your body with the lean proteins, many antioxidants and dietary fibre it requires to go through the day. So to help you start a healthy diet with great breakfast recipes, here are some tips worth knowing.
1. First of all, you need to keep your calorie intake in mind as your breakfast should constitute about 25-30% of your total daily calorie requirements. Incorporate sufficient amounts of protein in your morning meal in the form of fresh eggs, beans, lean meat or even protein powder.
2. Consider how much of time you need to prepare your breakfast. Decide this based on the amount of time you have first thing in the morning to prepare breakfast. If you have to rush out of the door practically every morning, then it's better to look for breakfast options that take only 10 and not 30 minutes to prepare.
3. In case you can or will take time out for breakfast, you have to decide which foods you will look forward to eating. Though this seems an obvious strategy, many dieters do the mistake of just eating and forcing food they don't enjoy.
4. Decide how much work you have to do for the day and accordingly decide how much fuel you need for the day. You may need more carbohydrates in the morning to run errands and if you are spending the day at the office, fruits and vegetables may suffice. Make your choices based on your personal taste preferences.
5. You also need to think how the food you eat will affect you. Try eating a carb-rich breakfast in the morning and if you notice you start feeling sleepy in mid-day, it means you should have a lower carb breakfast.
6. Choose your breakfast based on your body weight goals. If you want a low-calorie breakfast, it may be better to opt for a leaner option like an omelette of egg white and vegetables. It's a smarter choice for you than a bowl full of carb-laden cereal.
7. You have to think about satiety while planning your breakfast. If it will be a long time before you have lunch, it's better to fill your breakfast with as much fibre as possible to increase the total breakfast digestion time.
In a nutshell, spending some time planning the right breakfast for yourself will be well worth your efforts. No matter what your nutritional or weight loss goals are, planning your breakfast is one of the best things you can do to ensure you stick to your diet plan, and will sooner or later move towards the weight and physique you crave.
It's not required that you eat only breakfast-type foods for your morning meal. You can always have anything you usually have for lunch or dinner if you like. By taking a look at international breakfast ideas, you will be able to easily add more creativity to your breakfast.