The defeat of the tonsils by inflammation is called tonsillitis. This disease occurs primarily in children of preschool age, can often get sick and adolescents. The frequency of occurrence of tonsillitis in children - several times a year.
The tonsils are necessary in order to protect the child's body from the penetration of germs. They produce antibodies for this purpose, but often exposed to infection and get inflamed.
The cause of tonsillitis
Tonsillitis can be caused by the following infections:
Symptoms of tonsillitis in children
At the beginning of the disease the child has a sore throat during swallowing or yawning, fever. The main symptoms of tonsillitis in children:
1. Increase and inflammation of the tonsils. This can be determined visually and by touch, tonsils change color. Enlarged tonsils risk that may block the airway;
2. On the tonsils appears plaque, in some cases - the sores;
3. Headache, difficulty swallowing, as a consequence, loss of appetite;
4. Pain in the ears, often loss of voice;
5. Chill, which turns into a feverish state;
6. Bad breath.
Possible complications of tonsillitis
Severe illness that can lead to the following complications:
Treatment of tonsillitis in children
Chronic and acute tonsillitis in a mild form, is treated in an outpatient setting. Treatment a sick child in a hospital takes place only when the disease is accompanied by complications.
The standard program of treatment of tonsillitis in children usually include:
In the case where these methods of combating the disease are ineffective, and chronic intoxication leads to serious consequences for the health of the child, the only true option becomes the surgical removal of the tonsils.
Prevention of tonsillitis in children