Pediatric Oncology & Pediatric Hematology specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of children with cancer and congenital disorders of the circulatory and immune systems, using innovative methods of treatment of patients with leukemia and congenital disorders of hematopoiesis. more
Malignant tumors in childhood, and childhood cancer, develop as a result of abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells during normal development of the child. This rare and complex diseases, which is different from cancer in adults, so this disease requires special approach and treatment.
Pediatric Hematology deals with the study organs the hematopoietic system, diagnosis and treatment of various diseases of the blood of children, studies the causes and symptoms of diseases of the blood, bone marrow, including oncological diseases of blood.
Hematologic diseases are a danger to children's health, and in some cases they represent a mortal threat to the child's life. The appearance of symptoms of diseases of the blood should be alerted and become a reason to immediately go to the doctor hematologist.
Congenital and acquired disorders of hematopoiesis (anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia);
Congenital and acquired diseases of the immune system;
Wilms' tumor (Nephroblastoma);
Blood clotting disorders
Acute myeloid leukemia;
Acute lymphocytic leukemia;
Innovative genic and cell therapy.
Causesof oncological diseasesin children
- harmful effects of mother on the work and on the manufacture;
- illness of parents who create a risk factor for children;
- induced abortions, also increase the risk of cancer.
Pathology during pregnancy
- various infections, congenital anomalies, birth, accompanied by pathologies, premature appearance of the child, etc.
- an important role for the health of the child play the first days and months of his life. The reason of oncological diseases can be not cured in time childhood infections and circulatory disorders of the brain.
- In order for children to be born healthy, parents should monitor their health.
Signs ofblood disordersin children
About the malfunction of the bone marrow in a child says the emergence of general weakness, poor appetite, fatigue. The skin becomes pale, appears jaundiced. On the body of the child appear often bruising, bleeding from the nose.
If the child is concerned about such symptoms need to be examined by a pediatrician and examination by a hematologist.
In the presence of blood disease in children can occur complaints of abdominal pain and headache. Exactly to indicate the presence of severe disease may pain in the spine, bone and joint tissue.
Enlarged lymph nodes, liver and spleen may indicate to a leucosis. To early treatment and to reduce the risk of continuation of development of the disease and avoid possible complications, a child needs to be examined by a doctor.
Diagnosis ofdiseases of the blood
Hematologic blood diseases in children adversely affect the function of various organs. In order to assess the state of the whole organism, the child passes a full medical examination. The complex of diagnostic measures include checks of the heart, ultrasound of the spleen, kidneys, and the study of other organs. If surveys have shown disorders of the system or any organ, the child is prescribed an additional examination by a specialist in the disease profile.
Diagnosis in Pediatric Hematology includes series of activities for comprehensive study of the blood. The research provides an opportunity to study clinical, morphological and cytogenetic indices structure the patient's blood.
For the diagnosis of certain diseases is carried out procedure of taking a puncture from the lymph nodes, and bone marrow.
Mandatory are laboratory blood and bone marrow analysis at the cellular level (Myelogram) and holding the immuno-hematology studies.
Treatment of oncological diseases in children
1. Chemotherapy. When cancer in childhood, chemotherapy is prescribed a sparing. In severe forms of oncology (cancer of the blood, malignant tumors of tissue the lymphatic system) prescribed treatment with application complicated polychemotherapy.
2. Intensive therapy. If the disease is accompanied by cytostatic complications, to the child is assigned to intensive care. In severe intoxication conducted therapeutic measures for detoxification.
3. Hormone therapy. Among the common methods of treatment of hematological diseases in children is used the method of treatment with hormones.
4. Radiation therapy, immune system therapy.
5. Transplantation. If necessary, the disease treated by a surgery. To the patient performed transplantation of stem cells and bone marrow donor.