What is breech presentation?
Normally, the fetus is in the womb head down, that is, at birth pressed to the entrance to a small basin the largest part, that ensures adequate disclosure of the cervix and expansion of the birth canal for the birth of the body, arms and legs of the fetus. If the fetus is located the pelvic end down and a head rests against the bottom of the uterus, then talk about the breech presentation. The fetus must turn the head downward to 32-34 weeks.
Types of breech presentation
- Fully breech presentation (to the entrance to the small pelvis pressed against the buttocks of the child, and the legs are stretched along the body);
- Mixed breech presentation (on the entrance to the small pelvis pressed against the legs and buttocks bent at the knee and hip joints).
- Foot previa (only two legs);
- An incomplete Foot previa (is one leg , and the other stretched out along the trunk);
- Knee previa (the child is kneeling).
Causes of breech presentation
Factors that contribute to the breech presentation can be divided into 3 groups:
1. Maternal factors
2. Fetus factors
3. Placental causes
Features of doing pregnancy and childbirth
For a period of 32 - 37 weeks of pregnancy, doctors prescribe special gymnastic exercises for the "coup" of the fetus on the head. Hospitalization women with breech is held in 37 - 38 weeks. In a hospital are checked medical history, ultrasound, is carried amnioscopy is estimated fetal status and readiness of the cervix for childbirth.
The indications for elective caesarean section:
When mature cervix and a normal state fetal childbirth lead by vaginal route after spontaneous onset.
Labor induction is indicated for:
- immuno-conflict pregnancy;
- fetal abnormalities;
- prenatal outpouring of water.