Gone are the days when we could do hardly anything to bring a permanent change in how our teeth looked. There have been many inventions in recent years that can actually increase the aesthetic value of your smile, and that too in an invisible manner.
Yes, previously if you wanted to straighten your teeth, you would need to wear those metal braces, which once fixed would be taken out only after the treatment was over. Nowadays, you have access to better orthodontics treatments and can straighten your teeth in an absolute invisible way. Invisalign braces Tampa FL have revolutionized the way the teeth can be straightened.
Let use the major differences between traditional metal braces and invisalign braces. This will help you in making an informed decision, if you're also thinking of wearing braces to straighten your teeth. Here you go:
Invisalign Braces :
1. As the name suggests, invisalign braces are invisible. This means, they have no color. This also means no one can find out that you're wearing braces.
2. Invisalign braces are made of plastic and transparent in color, thus leaving no metal-like taste in your mouth.
3. Invisalign braces can be taken out while eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. This eliminates the risk of food clogging or stains.
4. You receive a set of invisalign braces that are to be changed at an interval of two weeks. These braces are designed as per the required movement of teeth.
5. Initially fixed by your dentist, these braces can be removed and fixed by the individual after a regular time interval. They need not visit the dentist each time they replace their braces.
6. The cost of invisible aligners is slightly higher than that of traditional metal braces. However, these offer more benefits too.
7. Invisible aligners, because they are colorless, make you feel confident while speaking and laughing in public.
Traditional Metal Braces :
1. Traditional metal braces, as the name suggests, are made of metal. They are visible, even from a distance.
2. Traditional metal braces are typically made of steel, thus leaving a bitter metal-like taste in your mouth.
3. Traditional metal braces, once fixed, cannot be taken out. There are high chances of food clogging and staining.
4. Metal braces once fixed are removed only at the end of the treatment. There are no separate braces for each stage.
5. Metal braces are fixed and removed only by a dentist. You may end up hurting yourself, if you try to remove them on your own.
6. The cost of metal aligners is lower than that of invisible aligners but you may feel slightly awkward wearing braces that are visible.
7. You may conscious and nervous in public while speaking or talking, if you're wearing metal braces.